Friday, May 13, 2011

One mans trash...

In my recent endeavors, I've been sifting through an old (OLD) bottle dump in the back of my house, which sits on a very (VERY) steep river bank. Cans, bottles, and miscellaneous objects dated back to about the 1930's can be seen scattered absolutely everywhere. Old shoes, bottles of just about every shape, size, and color, old license plates, random car parts, and PLENTY of rusty old cans..


 Broken pottery.







  The river at the bottom of the embankment. Quite picturesque.. (almost TOO picturesque..)



 



Popeye brand popcorn. "ahg ahg ahg!"



And the list goes on..

With these, as well as whatever else I can find, I hope to think of something creative to do with them... and if not that... I'll be sellin' them for a pretty pretty penny. (Heh heh heh!) ...Any ideas?!

Christopher.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there, great bottle dump. I absolutely LOVE those kind of dumps. Tomorrow my dad and I are going to a dump like that except at the bottom it's dirt and further back in the trees is a swamp. We heard be called "Devil's Bowl" before so that's what we call it. It has plenty of old bottles, cans , cars, toys, etc from the 1910's to 1970's. Bottle digging and hunting is the best hobbie in my opinion. A good thing to do with them is make a shelf for the coloured ones maybe in front of a window so when the light comes through, it lights up the bottles and the makes room look nice. :) The cans you can take steel wool to them if they are rusty and get the rust of. But be carefull, dont want to lose the paint. Then when they're clean, set them up in a garage or maybe your house. Happy Hunting and good luck. :Simon Rutherford from Picton Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is that dump If it is withyin 3 hours I could clean it up for free I am 12 years old.

    ReplyDelete